This year’s theme is “Color.” We’re looking for images that highlight color, any color—from pale whites to pastels to vibrant, saturated colors. The only requirement is that color inspired the creation of your images.
30 images selected by the juror will be printed and displayed in FilmNorth’s Marsden/Gustafson Gallery for an exhibition January 19–February 28, 2018. Up to 30 additional images will be selected by the juror for electronic exhibition on a gallery monitor. All selected photos will be archived on our website.
1st place: $250
2nd place: $150
3rd place: $100
JUROR: Jill Emmer
Guidelines for the FILMNºRTH Mobile Photography Competition:
- Photography must be taken with an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Windows Phones, Android Phone, or Android Tablet.
- Photography must be in its original size ideally not smaller than 2400 pixels on either dimension
- Photography must not be edited or enhanced using a desktop computer, but may be edited only on the mobile device using any combination of Apps.
- Desktop computers may be used ONLY to change file titles, or upload submission via the web.
- Photography must be submitted by the Artist who took the photo.
- Artist retains 100% of Copyright
- Submissions cost: $25 for up to 5 images.
- Judging is blind (judge will view submitted images without information on the photographer).
- Submit images that speak to the competition theme: Color
- Submissions Open: October 16th, 2018
- Submission Deadline: 11:59pm, November 29th, 2018
- Open to all professional and amateur photographers 18 years or older at the time of entry. Individuals affiliated with FilmNorth, including employees, board members, interns, and their immediate families (children, siblings and spouses), and others living in their households are not eligible for any prize. FilmNorth will determine winners’ eligibility in its sole discretion.
- All entries must be submitted via the upload module.
- For more information, complete guidelines, disclaimers, etc. please visit http://myfilmnorth.org/exhibits-screenings/mobile-photography-competition/
West Photo in Minneapolis, MN will print all work in order to have a uniform mode of display in our Gallery. Artists set the sale price for their work ($100 minimum, no maximum) or can choose to not have the work for sale. If the print is sold, the Artist receives 70% of the profits (less printing costs). If an exhibition print is not sold, we can ship the print to you for a $20 flat fee or you may pick it up at our office (at no charge) during business hours (Mon-Fri, 10:30 am-5:30 pm).